Re: [PARPORT] Sharing a parallel port

Jeffrey J. Jenkins (jjenkins@dolphin.upenn.edu)
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:45:07 -0500 (EST)

> > The scanner is functioning now (with SANE). However, the printer is no
> > longer responding. Running lpq, I see "waiting for lp to become ready
> > (offline ?)" before the normal job list.
>
> What's in /proc/parport/0/devices at that point?

It does not exist. There are no subdirectories to /proc/parport/

/proc/scsi/onscsi contians
ident: onscsi 0.90 (0.91), OnSpec 90c26
base port: 0x378
mode: 4
mode name: EPP-32
delay: 1
nice: 0
verbose: 0
quiet: 0
tot_cmds: 93
tot_bytes: 586084
tot_errs: 0

/sbin/lsmod
Module Size Used by
sg 14924 0 (autoclean)
parport_probe 2980 0 (autoclean) (unused)
lp 5052 0 (unused)
parport 7060 0 [parport_probe lp]
onscsi 14348 1
ppscsi 10128 1 [onscsi]
tulip 24740 1 (autoclean)
nls_iso8859-1 2020 2 (autoclean)
nls_cp437 3548 2 (autoclean)
vfat 9084 2 (autoclean)
fat 30208 2 (autoclean) [vfat]
au8830 137424 2
soundcore 2404 5 [au8830]
BusLogic 87620 0

Even trying to remove and reinstall lp at this point (without removing the
other ppscsi modules) results in the dmesg "lp: driver loaded but no
devices found".

Jeff.