Re: [PARPORT] ECR setting problem solved, sort of.

Eugene Weiss (eweiss@sas.upenn.edu)
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:06:53 -0500

I built and booted 2.3.46 (unmodified) to use as a baseline. With all parport
related stuff built as modules, after boot the ecr value is 0x15 (as against
0x05 with the 2.2.14 kernel). After using the modules the value is 0x25, and
remains so after the modules are removed. So under the new kernel, the port is
left in PS/2 mode but the irq bit is cleared. I could find no evidence of the
problems I had observed previously, however. So, no need to operate, it fall
off by itself. :) If you want, I can apply the patch you sent to see if this
effects the irq bit.

-Eugene