[PARPORT] Need direction on where to start

From: William (Andy) Smith (romaq@members.limitless.org)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 02:45:14 EST

    I have the following line in /etc/conf.modules

    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

    Here is info in /proc

    /proc/scsi/scsi:
    Attached devices: none

    /proc/modules:
    parport_pc 7404 0
    parport 7580 0 [parport_pc]

    I am using Redhat-6.2Beta, total install of everything.

    I compiled the latest version of SANE cleanly.

    My end goal is to have a parallel port Microtek ScanMaker x6 working. I
    regret I could not locate any FAQ's or understand what I was to do further
    to test that the kernal module 'saw' the device, and once I can prove that
    the kernal can 'see' the scanner, I'm not sure where next to go do test
    the scanning.

    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction for me to get started.

    --Andy Smith