[PARPORT] Strange Castlewood Orb install

From: Bruce Savaglio (bsavagli1@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 23:33:29 EST

    I have a question for anyone who can tell me why this strange
    configuration works. Some time ago I asked for info, advice HELP with my
    ORB drive -- I was getting drive not found errors even though all seemed
    ok. Tim Waugh suggested rebuilding the drivers without parport support,
    I did and no change. However, while poking around in the
    .....linux/drivers/block/paride directory I found a script called jumbo.
    I tried it and built a driver called pd-on26. I loaded and all worked
    well, I thought. It turned out though, after re-tracing my steps, that
    pd-on26.o would only drive the ORB if I first tried to load pcd-bpck.o.
    It doesn't load successfully. But once it has tried, the pd-on26 loads
    and works fine.
    Can someone tell me what's going on?
    Thanks in advance,
    -- Bruce Savaglio