RE: [PARPORT] Clean IEEE1284 termination

From: Chandan Mishra (Chandan.Mishra@efi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 15:49:22 EST

    Another question (s) related to ppdev driver.
    1. No handshaking is done in PPSETMODE ioctl command. What is use of this
    ioctl command.
       Doesn't using just PPNEGOT suffice.

    2. What is use of PPSETPHASE command. Isnt this supposed to be handled
    internally by the driver.

    3. Also whats the use of PPDATADIR commnad. Driver shld automatically change
    the data direction if I am reading after writing and writing after reading.
    Why should user bother about all this.

    Can somebody help me with these questions? Or point me to appropriate
    documentation for ppdev driver.

    Thanks,
    Chandan