[PARPORT] King Byte par / ide adapter doesn't work ???

From: Sylvain.Brunet@AirLiquide.com
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 08:58:05 EST

    hello everybody ,
    (sorry , I know that my english is very bad ...So I hope
    you will be able to understand me ...)

    I've just installed linux redhat 6.0 on my dell latitude xpi 133 using
    the hard disk for installation...
    now I want to make my // cdrom device work...
    My cdrom is a creative-labs (x4 MATSUSHITA) inserted in a
    // ide ATAPI kingbyte adapter box.
    (It work fine with DOs drivers or Win95/98 drivers)

    I do the following after linux boot :
    insmod parport
    insmod paride
    insmod kbic
    insmod pcd

    All of these seem to work fine, but when i'm trying to mount the cdrom
    => mount /dev/pcd0 /mnt/cdrom
    The system hangs for a few minutes and i get an error message
    like 'block read error ....."

    If I try using pg instead of pcd
    insmod pg
    mount /dev/pg0 /mnt/cdrom
    I get an error message like ' This device is not a block device ...'

    Thanks for your help,

    Regards,

    Sylvain BRUNET