[PARPORT] DMA channel configuration

From: Chandan Mishra (Chandan.Mishra@efi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 16:38:23 EST

    Hi all,
    I have a question which is not parallel port specific but arose during the
    time while I was playing with parport driver. On PC how is the dma channel
    autoconfigured if it is. As my understanding goes each peripherical
    controller is kind of hard wired to a particular dma channel of a dma
    controller (corect me if I am wrong). Then how does auto configuration works
    or how odes the driver discover the dma channel to use. Also how does
    peripheral auto-finds the available irqs.

    Please help me,
    chandan