[PARPORT] Mime-Version: 1.0

From: Ramiro Amaya (ramral@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 17:16:35 EST

    Hey there,

    I have some problems I hope somebody there can give me a hand. I am running
    Red Hat 6.1 Kernel 2.2 12-20. The first problem is related to the printer.
    First, for any reason, any time I tried to print directly to the port,
    linux did not recognize it, so I added this line "alias parport_lowlevel"
    in /etc/modules.conf. I got this message after typing dmesg:

    parport0: pc-style at 0x378 [spp]
    parport0: printer, Hewlet-packard deskjet 720c
    lp0: using parport (polling)

    But I did "cat .cshrc > /dev/lp0" and did not do anything. I connected
    another printer and it printed after cat the port /dev/lp0. Now, I am
    wondering if the problem is related with the printer drivers, if so, can
    anyone tell me where can I found the linux drivers for HP deskjet 720 C.

    The second problem is related with my Zip Drive. It is IOMega 100MB
    connected the the parallel port. I have the printer also connected to this
    port. So I woul like to be able to unplug the printer when I do not need it
    and plug the zip. I really do not have what I have to do to make my zip
    works. can somebody help me? Thanks