[PARPORT] RE: DMA channel configuration

From: Chandan Mishra (Chandan.Mishra@efi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 17:41:39 EST

    Well how can ECP chipsets discover which dma channel they should use. I mean
    isnt it set by jumpers or so, I mean isnt it hardwired. Can there be dynamic
    allocation dma channel. I mean if I am a peripheral controller, is it
    poosible for me to use one dma channel at one time and another at another
    time. Arent the dma channel already hardcoded on the board I mean in the way
    the connection from peripheral controller to hardware is.
    Please clarify for me. I know its kind of general pc hardware kind of
    question but I thought someone here might answer me.