Re: [PARPORT] PCI slot Parallel cards

From: cpg@aladdin.de
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 11:25:42 EST

    On 03/23/2000 03:04:44 PM GMT Tim Waugh wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 cpg@aladdin.de wrote:
    >
    >> /proc/pci says the following:
    >>
    >> Bus 0, device 10, function 0:
    >> Serial controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 1).
    >> Vendor id=1409. Device id=7168.
    >
    >Timedia 1889? Or is it marketed as something else?

    I don't have the original case anymore.
    I've got 2 sheets of manual, and a CD. The model name is EX-4078A.
    The company name is nowhere mentioned but on the
    cd are drivers for 98 and NT, and the inf files there mention 2
    names, SUNIX CO. and EXSYS.
    On the CD there is also a (german) manual on how to install
    under Linux.

    >> Medium devsel. Fast back-to-back capable. IRQ 12.
    >> I/O at 0xd000 [0xd001].
    >> I/O at 0xb800 [0xb801].
    >> I/O at 0xb400 [0xb401].
    >
    >So 0xb800 is the parallel port -- is 0xb400 the serial port or could it be
    >more parallel port stuff? Does it say on the box that it can do ECP?

    There are 2 serial and 1 parallel port on the card.

    >Which kernel version are you using, and which kernel version would you
    >like to try a small patch for?

    I'm using 2.2.14 and I can try a patch if you want...

    regards,
    chris