[PARPORT] new epat

From: Russell A. Bell (rbell@alumni.caltech.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 14:55:35 EST

            pf and epat don't find my parallel-port SuperDisk unless I
    boot into DOS first - bad because I bought a SuperDisk because the
    floppy drive on my laptop has failed and I don't have a DOS boot
    partition on my hard disk. Just as bad it fails to find the EPP mode,
    which the DOS drivers have no problem finding.
            Grant Guenther tells me that Shuttle has written a new epat
    protocol that paride drivers don't support. Has someone found a fix
    for this?
            If not, I will undertake to fix it. I have looked at the DOS
    epatls.sys and, likely, I can figure out how to make it work. But I
    have never written a linux device driver before. And I will try to
    write in assembly language (as that kind of guy). I appreciate all
    advice.
            Thanks.

    russell bell