Re: [PARPORT] parallel port programming

From: Nordic Boy (jklaas@cs.albany.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 19:59:00 EDT

    Actually, I am not yet using 2.3.99xxx. The documentation that I found
    stated that parport_enumerate was deprecated. I guess I assumed that it
    was for 2.2.x as most of the parallel port documentation that I have found
    is mostly for even older kernels.

    If parport_register_driver calls my attach routine for each port, is there
    a way to limit which ports it tries if there are more than one?

    I know this is a little off topic, but could you direct me to information
    on how to view sgml (docbook). I found plenty of documentation on writing
    sgml, but none on viewing it. This of course relates to viewing the
    documentation in the kernel sources.

    James Klaas