[PARPORT] User space daisy chaining

From: Derek Bouius (dbouius@abio.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 09:55:28 EDT

    Hello all!
    I am developing a parallel port peripheral that supports the 1284.3
    daisy chaining standard. I thought I could use the user space driver
    (ppdev) to do some quick development, but I don't seem to be able to
    select the dasiy chained device I want to talk to on the parport0. (Ie
    there is no IOCTL call from ppdev to do "parport_daisy_select"). Am I
    not getting something or is there a way to select the daisy device you
    want? I could write a kernel module but I would rather just have user
    space communication for now.
    Other info:
    My device shows up in /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/autoprobe0 as the
    first daisy chain device.
    If I disable daisy-chaining on my peripheral and have it act as a legacy
    device on /dev/parport0 I can do everything ok (ie use ppdev IOCTL to
    negotiate modes, etc)
    I am using kernel 2.3.51 and the parport code that is last changed on
    March 10/2000.
    If you have any hints or need more info, please ask!
    Thanks,
    Derek

    --
    Derek Bouius     | American Biometric Company  | Tel:(613)736-5100x281
    dbouius@abio.com | 3429 Hawthorne Rd,Ottawa,ON | Fax:(613)736-1742