[PARPORT] Slower printing

From: Paul Metcalfe (pmetcalfe@freenet.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 16:48:05 EDT

    Dear all,

    I've recently upgraded from Redhat 5.2 to 6.1. The major change has been the
    parport feature which I setup with the help of parport.txt. The change has
    meant that printing a page can take 10 minutes. Is this suppose to happen or
    have I set it up wrong?

    I've added the following line to conf.modules:
    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
    options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=5
    options lp parport=0

    Is there a way of speeding up the printing to the printer connected to a
    parport?

    Thanks

    Paul

    --