[PARPORT] interactivity of my driver

From: Nordic Boy (jklaas@cs.albany.edu)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 15:19:03 EDT

    I need some help in compiling my driver. Since it is an object file
    (module), it needs to use various kernel functions and variables. Well,
    I am now attempting to add scheduling to it and it is choking on trying to
    add jiffies. I have made sure that I have added #include <linux/sched.h>.
    The problem comes about when I compile, using
    gcc -Wall -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DLINUX -O2 -c parswitch.c, I get the
    following error:

    parswitch.c:237: `jiffies_R0da02d67' undeclared (first use in this
    function)

    Well, I'm used to seeing this with functions, and the driver works anyway
    when there are such warnings, but this is an error and halts the
    compilation immediately. What am I doing wrong?

    James Klaas