Re: [PARPORT] ECP read - FIFO/DMA

From: Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 16:53:54 EDT

    On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 07:00:15PM -0400, Derek Bouius wrote:

    > How can I confirm that the ppdev is using the DMA?

    If you are using the ppdev backport to 2.2, it isn't using DMA but is
    doing it all in software. The current development kernel uses DMA,
    and has ppdev integrated.

    The SIIG cards only do EPP in hardware I think (they were quite
    helpful when I spoke to them---guess you have to pick a good time of
    day!).