Re: [PARPORT] ECP read - FIFO/DMA

From: Derek Bouius (dbouius@abio.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 19:00:15 EDT

    I am building an ECP peripheral and am getting very slow data rates due
    to the host computer. I think it is not using the DMA correctly. I see
    the data rate to be about 1 byte / 5 usec. by using a logic analyzer on
    the port.
    I am using ECP mode in the ppdev user space driver, but with DMA, then I
    would expect to see the data sent very quickly over the port.

    How can I confirm that the ppdev is using the DMA?
    Or, if that is the data rate, what is the expected data rate if I write
    a kernel driver?

    Thanks,
    Derek

    --
    Derek Bouius     | American Biometric Company  | Tel:(613)736-5100x281
    dbouius@abio.com | 3429 Hawthorne Rd,Ottawa,ON | Fax:(613)736-1742