Re: [PARPORT] vmware, EPP, ECP, ZIP drive, printer port

From: IgoR (IgorF@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 02:14:05 EDT

    Tim Waugh wrote:

    > On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 10:00:40AM -0700, IgoR wrote:
    >
    > > here is my "session" + partial dmesg
    > > ( the entire gziped dmesg is attached to this mail)
    >
    > Can you give me the ppa bits for when the BIOS is in EPP mode?

    Tim,

    Thanks for the reply...I would like to help as much as I can...
    but... unfortunately I do not understand exactly your question..
    /me foreigner :)))

    SO,

    what do you mean by "ppa bits" ???

    Do you mean "dd" exercise with EPP and ECP ??

    I did that ... and , I think I posted it to the mailing list..
    but... just in case... it is attached at the end of this mail again

    or

     would you like to see "dmesg-EPP" and "dmesg-ECP" ?

    Both "dmesgs" are attached too

    I am willing to do some other experiment... just, please,
    let me know

    Igor

    "dd" exercise again:

    ======= ECP selected in BIOS ==============
    [root@tina tina]# dd if=/dev/sda4 of=/tmp/fs-ECP bs=512 count=8
    8+0 records in
    8+0 records out
    [root@tina tina]# file /tmp/fs-ECP
    /tmp/fs-ECP: ASCII text

    ======= EPP selected in BIOS ==============
    [root@tina tina]# dd if=/dev/sda4 of=/tmp/fs-EPP bs=512 count=8
    8+0 records in
    8+0 records out
    [root@tina tina]# file /tmp/fs-EPP
    /tmp/fs-EPP: x86 boot sector

    If you need more data, please let me know.
    I am willing to do more experiments

    Igor

    P.S:
    Both files are GZIP-ed and attached to this mail