Re: [PARPORT] vmware, EPP, ECP, ZIP drive, printer port

From: IgoR (IgorF@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 12:13:11 EDT

    Tim Waugh wrote:

    > What other choices for parallel port mode do you have in the BIOS? Is
    > 'Bidirectional' or 'PS/2' there? It would be good to see what that
    > does..

    I have two more choices:

    - bidirectional and
    - output only

    I do not have PS/2 there !!

    RESULTS:

    A) bidirectional
        - I can mount zip drive
        - I can write TO zip disk
        - I can read FROM zip disk

    B) output only
        - I can mount zip drive
        - I can write TO zip disk
        - I can read FROM zip disk ( hmm this is a strange one )

    CONCLUSION:

    EPP, bidirectional and output only work
    just fine with "ppa.o" and ZIP drive

    ECP does not allow me to mount ZIP drive

    HARDWARE:

    HP Pavilion 8380 ( Pentium II , 400MHz, one year old)
    OS: REDHAT6.2 ( kernel 2.2.15-5.0 )

    Both today's dmesg files are attached to this post

    Please, let me know if I can do some more tests

    Thanks in advance

    Igor