[PARPORT] newbie build

From: Kenneth Murphy (njblais@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 22:03:37 EDT

    hello,
    I have built the base system from an 8-disk floppy install set I made via rawrite2.

    in adding additional modules I found parport and enabled it but I have not found paride or any of the other parts I need to run dselect against my parallel port cd-rom drive. thus I cannot add any .deb packages to my bare bones system.

    I have a Synchrome Technology Maestro CD 24X which reports itself as:
    OnSpec, DV Systems, and as a Pioneer driver when it loads in MS-DOS.
    I am installing using the VA-Linux package of "32-bit" Debian GNU Linix 2.1.

    I have followed directions found in this archive yet I cannot locate paride.
    I also do not know if the Synchrome Technology cd-rom drive is supported.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kenny