Re: [PARPORT] newbie build

From: Kenneth Murphy (njblais@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 21:55:45 EDT

    Wow, someone from RedHat helping me out with my intro to Debian.
    Thanks so much for a quick response.

    Debian 2.1 slink in this VA-Linux package apparently installs Kernal 2.0.36,
    yet on reboot it tells me I have 2.2.12

    I cannot find the /drivers/block directory.
    I did find modules in:
    /lib/modules/2.2.12/cdrom

    aztcd.o
    cdu31a.o
    sonycd535.o

    but no on20 or on26

    /lib/modules/2.2.12/block contains:
    cpqarray.o
    linear.o
    raid0.o
    raid1.0
    raid5.o
    and nothing else.

    I even found parport.o in /lib/modules/2.2.12/misc

    What am I missing? Am I in the wrong directory?
    I don't know my way around Debian very well.
    Can you point me to the right directory so I can find/run paride?

    maybe us newbies should have our own newsgroup and stop tormenting the experts with this stuff.

    Thanks again,
    Kenny