Re: [PARPORT] Parallel ZIP-drive is little buggy with kernel 2.4.0-test1

From: The Contact (TheContact@MailAndNews.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 15:30:38 EDT

    [... using EPP only gives better performance with ZIP-drive...]

    Well, first of all: I managed to patch the kernel (now working with
    2.4.0test1-ac9), but I found out the next thing:

    Because I said to my BIOS to use EPP instead of ECP+EPP, I can't print
    anymore with my printer (through my ZIP-drive). When I change the
    BIOS-setting to ECP+EPP, I can print. So now I have 2 options:

    - Use ECP+EPP, be benefited because I can use my printer (which I
    sometimes do need) but have to wait rather long to copy big files to my
    ZIP-drive.

    - Use EPP Only, getting better performance by my ZIP-drive (although not
    yet as it should be), but having to switch my printer-cable with my
    ZIP-cable from the moment I want to print.

    Now as long as I don't need my printer very often (as opposed to my
    ZIP-drive that I do use often) I will stick with EPP only.

    But still it should be optimized. So can anyone help me?
    My configuration: PC + Parallel Zip Drive (ZIP100 - ppa) + HP Deskjet
    510.
    Linux kernel 2.4.0test1-ac9.

    If necessary I can attach my settings of my configuration of xconfig
    (12K) at a mail, so if you think it could help, please mail me, so I can
    mail it to you.

    --
    THE CONTACT
     (\___/)