[PARPORT] Third parallel interfaces responds funny

From: M. S. (webmaster@mash.de)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 13:34:27 EDT

    Hi there,
    My computer, a Pentium with 3 parallelports works fine under MS-DOS. Every
    interface works ok and printing is possible with LPT1 + LPT2 and LPT3. I
    have tested them with CHECKIT an older, but very reliable MS-Dos Programm.

    The adresses are 0x3bc, 0x378 and 278

    Under SuSE Linux 6.4 things are different.
    only lp0 and lp1 are recognized and send files to the printer via the
    command
    cp text.txt /dev/lp0 or /dev/lp1.

    The same command with lp2 end in a message ---- device not configured ----.

    What can cause this problem ?
    What did I do wrong, or what have i forgotten to to ?????

    Thanks for any help.

    Manfred