[PARPORT] SPP instead of EPP

From: Philipp Schulte (philipp.schulte@arcormail.de)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 12:16:44 EDT

    Hello,
    I wrote a mail some time ago, because I was having problems with my HP
    Colorado 8GB. It just backups too slow.
    Now I saw in /var/log/messages that the parport seems to work in a
    wrong mode:

    kernel: paride: version 1.04 installed
    kernel: paride: epat registered as protocol 0
    kernel: pt: pt version 1.04, major 96
    kernel: parport0: PC-style at 0x3bc, irq 7 [SPP,PS2]
    kernel: parport_probe: failed
    kernel: parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
    kernel: pt0: Sharing parport0 at 0x3bc
    kernel: pt0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x3bc, mode 2 (8-bit),
    delay 1
    kernel: pt0: HP COLORADO 8GBe, master, blocksize 512, 3954 MB

    I definitely set the Parport-Mode to "EPP 1.9" in the BIOS, so why
    does the parport-module say that I am having SPP? IMHO this might be
    the reason, why my backup is too slow.
    Are there any options, so I could change the mode for parport?
    Thanks for any help,
    Phil