Re: [PARPORT] Parallel ZIP drive problem.

From: dmaul683@juno.com
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 21:23:03 EDT

    I have the drivers installed on my machine here for the Iomega ZIP 100
    Parport, and went and read all documentation I have on the drive:

    1) Never did I read that the parport zip is not operational with the
    LAVA card.

    2) and he's right, make sure that the parport from the LAVA card is on a
    standard IRQ, either 7 or 5 depending on lpt1, 2, or 3, respectively, I
    am almost positive.

    Any other's have any idea, or can either verify or argue with my input,
    this is just my intuition after all that I've EVER learned...

    Brian, (dmaul683)

    Peter Roach wrote:

    > > On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 06:23:18PM -0400, Peter Roach wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have been trying to get my old (pre-imm) parallel ZIP drive to
    > > > work with a Lava PCI Dual Parallel card with absolutely no luck.
    The
    > > > ZIP drive works fine if I use the motherboard's parallel port
    > > > (parport0), but that is not an operational option. I can

    I heard that ZIp drives will not work on high address parallel ports.
    You could try configuring the card to a low address with its tool for
    that.

    They don't work in windows either on a lava port as I recall.

    EC<:-}