Re: [PARPORT] low-level parallel port driver

From: Darryl DeGraff (ddegraff@licor.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 08:31:10 EDT

    Tim Waugh wrote:

    > The 2.2 kernel doesn't support ECP at all, at least not in the
    > drivers/misc parport stuff.

    > You'll want to back-port some of the bits from
    > drivers/parport/parport_pc.c found in 2.4-test kernels, it sounds
    > like.

    Well, that sounds OK to me. Before I embark on such a project,
    is it reasonable to have to diddle with the SuperIO registers
    to get the ECP configuration setup? (As mentioned before, the
    hardware is not fully set up for this after boot and there is no
    'bios setttings' that can be changed, like on PC's).

    darryl (li-cor)