[PARPORT] low-level parallel port driver

From: Darryl DeGraff (ddegraff@licor.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 06:50:07 EDT

    Out of the box, the Netwinder 2.2 kernel parallel port driver
    does not support ECP. I would like to (yeah, I must) write the
    low-level driver so that it supports this mode. Having written
    a 2.0 driver for the Netwinder I know that some registers of
    the SuperIO chip must be modified (there are no 'bios
    settings') explicitly since the boot code does not fully set up
    the hardware for ECP. Is this reasonable and acceptable
    practise in 2.2 drivers since it is not strictly parallel port
    manipulation?

    darryl (li-cor)