Re: [PARPORT] Re: ftape with Trakker parallel port - lots of fun

From: Adrian Phillips (adrianp@powertech.no)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 11:08:13 EDT

    >>>>> "Tony" == Tony Laszlo <laszlo@gol.com> writes:

    <snip>

        Tony> My questions/problems:

        Tony> * parport gets loaded automatically, together with
        Tony> parport_probe. Not sure how that happens. This kernel uses
        Tony> /etc/modules.conf and aks the user to delete conf.modules (I
        Tony> did). But parport_probe is not mentioned in this
        Tony> file. Earlier kernel on Debian used /etc/rc.d/rc.local, I
        Tony> think, but this kernel doesn't have such a file

    This is presumably potato - you need to create a file, say local in
    /etc/modutils, then rerun update-modules. Try man update-modules for
    more info.

    Sincerely,

    Adrian Phillips

    --