RE: [PARPORT] ZIP Drive No Go on RH6.1

From: Roger Harrington (roger@the-harringtons.com)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 10:16:39 EDT

    Hi Tim and James

    Thanks for the tips

    I don't quite know what or how it happened but if I enter:- mount -t vfat
    /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip I can access the zip drive!
    This is despite the fact that during boot-up I still see:-

    scsi : 0 hosts
    scsi : detected total

    Without reloading Linux from the start, is there some way (or for that
    matter is it necessary?) that the ZIP Drive is "seen" during the boot stage?

    TIA

    Regards

    Roger Harrington