[PARPORT] Re: ftape with Trakker.

From: Tony Laszlo (laszlo@gol.com)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 23:03:48 EDT

    I thank everyone for their kind advice.

    With the following in modules.conf I have
    succeeded in getting parport to recognize the
    parallel port's irq.

     alias char-major-27 zftape
     alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
     options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7
     options ftape ft_fdc_driver=trakker,none,none,none

    But Trakker still is not being recognized
    properly (I have confirmed that it works
    under DOS).

    I am just about ready to give up now, having
    tried everything there is to try, three times
    over, for the past two months.

    If there is _actually_ someone out there who
    is using Trakker with ftape (who actually has
    it hooked up and working), I would appreciate
    it very much it if they would drop me a note.
    I would like to follow their setup line for line.

    Then, if I continue to fail, I will conclude
    that the problem is due to a faulty Trakker
    and/or terminal pilot error.