[PARPORT] [Q] Printing to BJC5000 under linux

From: Sam Froppy (mrshiney2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 16:55:38 EDT

    Even though my printer is listed as "paperwieght" due
    to its proprietary printing language, shouldn't I at
    least see the lights flashing when the drakeconf
    printer test reports "printer driver is ready and
    printing"?

    The fact that I don't see any lights leads me to
    suspect that linux is in fact not talking to the
    parallel port. What's the best way to test this? cat
    > /dev/lp0 did not help much

    --David