Re: [PARPORT] Re: Help using PPDEV with EPP

From: kenshin (andrell@quantica.com.br)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 12:12:46 EDT

    Hello
     I am have tried to use a camera PHILIPS( DIGITAL COL CAMERA Model VC731957)
    connected a CapVideo board(Pixel View VDO BT878) in linux(kernel release
    2.2.5-15 RedHat) but i havenīt had sucess yet.
     I have already used the drivers:

    bttv-0.6.4h
    bttv0.7.38
    bttv-v412-000321

    and i followed all the instructions ( recompile the kernel, instal the patch
    i2c-patch, and the other things in the READMES and INSTALLS).

    I got install the drivers, but when i tried to use the tolls no good results.

    when i tried to use xcaptest(with driver bttv-v412-000321) appeared a screen in
    blank, and a continous message in the xterm:

    "Select timed out"

    after this i tryed to use other configurations .. like tuner, composite ... but
    no diferents results came.

    Is it possible this camera to work properly in linux??? and how can i do it??

    if you can help me .. please send me a reply ...

    Andre