[PARPORT] problems recording cd's...

From: Dennis K (dennis@ipt.dtu.dk)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 03:58:54 EDT

    Hello!!

    I am running kernel 2.4.0-test6, and I am trying to record CD's on a HP
    7200 CD-Writer.

    I am following Svet's Micro-How-To guide on
    http://lcdx00.wm.lc.ehu.es/~svet/hp7200.html

    Everithing seems to be running perfect, exept for the recording step
    itself
    (I am using cdrecorder 1.9)

    modprobe paride epat and pg works fine.
    mounting the drive as an ordinary cdromdrive (using pcd instead of pg)
    works fine.
    mounting the raw file and trying to browse it works fine.
    recording end in this:

    scsidev: '0,0'
    scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
    atapi: 1
    /opt/schily/bin/cdrecord: Inappropriate ioctl for device. Cannot send
    SCSI cmd via ioctl

    what am I doing wrong? haven't I made the /dev/ files proberly or what?

    I am using ECP/EPP in the BIOS.

            Thanx!
                    Dennis