[PARPORT] Epson Stylus 740 and Linux 2.2.16 (SuSE)

From: Geordon VanTassle (admin@thecoventree.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 20:11:49 EDT

    Hopefully, I can get some help here.

    I've got SuSE (Kernel 2.2.16 compiled and installed, with parallel port
    support compiled into the kernel. I'm having NO amount of luck on my own
    getting the printer working. I'm trying to use GhostScript for the
    support-driver. If I do "lpr <filename>" it spools, and I can see it by
    doing "lpq" or "lpc status" but nothing comes out the printer. Also, I can
    see the lpd in the process list, but it doesn't seem to be running when I
    do "lpc status" as this is the result:

    ascii:
             queuing is enabled
             printing is enabled
             no entries
             no daemon present
    lp:
             queuing is enabled
             printing is enabled
             no entries
             no daemon present
    lp-mono:
             queuing is enabled
             printing is enabled
             no entries
             no daemon present
    raw:
             queuing is enabled
             printing is enabled
             no entries
             no daemon present

    The different entries are for the various drivers that were installed for
    GhostScript.

    Can anyone offer some place to start looking as to WHY I can't get this to
    work? It's really kicking my butt, BADLY.

    Regards,
    Geordon