Re: [PARPORT] LCD problem

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 08:52:28 EDT

    On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 02:10:54PM +0200, Bart De Win wrote:

    > EPP/ECP. For the LCD display I simply have to put data on the data
    > lines and then I have to set the Enable line on the LCD to high and
    > later to low again (this acts as a strobe). This is all the
    > functionality I'm using, so I think I don't need EPP/ECP.

    Enable line? nStrobe?

    0xff back sounds like you don't _have_ an ECR (at least, not in that
    mode). Also, you probably want PS2 mode (top bits 001) rather than
    SPP mode (top bits 000): it's the same, but the direction bit (0x20)
    of CTR works in PS2 mode.

    > anything. So I don't know if for example the ECR is always located at
    > Base_Address + 0x402.

    It usually is; the exception is PCI cards.

    > And maybe another question : since I write directly to the address of the
    > parallel port, do I actually need the parport_pc driver to be loaded ? If so,
    > why ?

    No, you don't.