[PARPORT] [OFF-TOPIC] Driver for data-IO boards

From: Herve Autret (autret@bcgn.grignon.inra.fr)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 06:53:32 EDT

    Hi there,

    I've not been reading this list for several monthes, but I'm
    reading a message on a french Linux Newsgroups (
    news:fr.comp.os.linux.configuration ) asking a question:
    How can we write a Linux driver for Digital AQuisition boards ?

    The poster says that he can make these cards by himself ( such as
    16 or 24 analogic input/output and about 30 ternary outputs (+5v,
    0v, -5 v) )and that he actually writes the drivers for DOS.

    So I've 2 questions:
    Where could he find the linux knowledge (Web/paper) for writing
    such a driver ?
    Is there a Linux project for digital aquisition boards somewhere
    around the world ?

    Apologises for having been off topic.

    Best regards

    --