[PARPORT] Re: 2.4.0-test9-pre7 -- Help sorting out possible interrupt conflict.

From: Miles Lane (miles@speakeasy.org)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 14:32:26 EDT

    Miles Lane wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently rebuilding the parport code with debugging
    > enabled. In the meantime, here is what I am seeing.

    I got no further information when booting the kernel which
    had the #UNDEF DEBUG lines commented out in the parport
    sources.

    I have noticed that I had the parport FIFO stuff enabled
    in my source tree. Apparently, this has something to
    do with requiring a IRQ be used. I am now trying compiling
    with that option turned off.

    Here are my .config options for Parallel Port and Printing
    support:

    # Parallel port support
    #
    CONFIG_PARPORT=y