[PARPORT] Slack 7.1 ppSCSI bootdisk

From: Bill Layer (b.layer@vikingelectronics.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 16:12:38 EDT

    Hello,

    I have made a custom LILO boot disk for Slackware 7.1 (2.2.16) which allows
    one to perform the install over a parallel-port SCSI adapter, such as the
    Trantor t348 Mini-SCSI. I have used this method to install Slackware onto
    several machines with no other options, it works very well - but a little
    slow in some cases.

    Is anyone interested in obtaining images of the "Slackware Linux ppSCSI
    Custom LILO Bootdisk" ?

    Note: there are two disks; one with the boot image, and one with the ppSCSI
    modules which must be manually insmod after bootup. If someone knows how to
    modify the Slackware color.gz rootdisk so that the modules are contained
    therein and loaded on boot by default, I would appreciate this info.

    Bill Layer
    Sales Technician
    <b.layer@vikingelectronics.com>

          Viking Electronics, Inc.