Re: [PARPORT] Slack 7.1 ppSCSI bootdisk

From: jjore@imation.com
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 16:40:57 EDT

    Bill,

    To edit a Slackware root disk you first decompress it `gunzip color.gz`,
    add loopback support `insmod loop`, set the loop device up `losetup color
    /dev/loop0` and then mount the disk `mount -t minix /dev/loop0 /mnt`. The
    boot disk is a lilo minix uncompressed disk. The pcmcia and network disks
    are uncompressed on msdos fs.

    You might want to share your new disks with the folks at slackware.com.

    BTW, I'll post those images up somewhere if you'd like a home for them.

    Josh

    "Bill Layer" <b.layer@vikingelectronics.com>
    Sent by: owner-linux-parport@gear.torque.net
    10/02/00 03:12 PM