[PARPORT] parallel port scanner HP5100C, linux2.2.14, - how ?

From: Jan Vicherek (honza@ied.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:15:53 EDT

      Hi,

      a parport-scsi newbie here.

      I have here a parallel port scanner HP5100C, and a linux-2.2.14
    machine. What is the fastest way to get these work together ?

     I read that HP5100C uses an EPST driver, which is parallel-to-scsi
    driver, and sane-hp backend to be used with the saned daemon.

     How do I get an epst driver for 2.2.14 ?

     Also, /var/log/messages says "kernel: parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP]"
    when I do "modprobe parport_pc".
     Do I need to reboot to switch to some other than "SPP" mode ? What's a
    URL which explains the differences between different modes of SCSI ?

     Also, I bought in RadioShack 25stright25 cable. Do I need a special cable
    instead ?

         TIA !

           Jan

    --
    -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
                   ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##