[PARPORT] Iomega Zip Drives

From: Dale A. Raby (daleraby@gbonline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 13:36:16 EDT

    FYI. I have played with several distributions and had various problems
    with getting my Iomega Zip 250 to work properly under Linux. I recently
    purchased the Mandrake 7.1 distribution and all my problems were solved.

    When the distribution is installed, the device is detected and all the
    appropriate drivers/modules are loaded as part of the installation
    process. I can now access my drive as if I were running that other OS
    with the software from Iomega.

    This distribution seems to suffer from other little irritating bugs that
    cause it to freeze the system, but this may be related to my marginal 32
    MB machine. I understand that this is the Linux 2.2.15 kernel.

    I hope this information will be useful to someone.

    Dale A. Raby