[PARPORT] forcing EPP Mode on SMC 37N869

From: Sven Geggus (geg@iitb.fhg.de)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 10:40:58 EDT

    Hi there,

    is it possible to force an SMC37N869 Controller to EPP Mode using direct
    register access?

    Looks like my bios does not support the ECP&EPP Mode which is set using
    CR04 on system Reset.

    Looking at the data sheet, it does not seem to be possible to Reset this chip
    to EPP 1.9 after the system is booted!

    selected EPP Mode in Bios doesn´t work either :(

    Thanks for hints

    Sven

    --
    |_||_||||| Sven Geggus @ Fraunhofer IITB, Karlsruhe, GERMANY