RE: [PARPORT] Recompile kernal for paride

From: Walt Nickels (wnickels@lucent.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 17:39:17 EST

    I generally use "make xconfig" because the gui is easier to navigate, but
    you can use make menuconfig as well. When it comes up, everything willstay
    as it is except what you change. Say "yes" to parallel Port IDE support to
    compile it into the kernel, or "M" to add it as a module. Then do the "make
    dep", "make clean", and "make bzImage". If you "M"odularized it, then you
    do a "make modules", and "make modules_install". Copy or move your
    "bzImage" to the boot location, and make sure LILO points to it and reboot.

    Nick
    Network Systems Consultant
    MCSE, MCP+I, CCNA, CCSA/CCSE
    Lucent Technologies/NPS