Re: [PARPORT] ppSCSI-modules and the Sane-faq

From: Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 04:09:02 EST

    On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 12:10:38AM +0100, Marcel Pol wrote:

    > There are a few questions i have though.
    > There are two 2.2.15-pre patches. Are they meant for kernels 2.2.15
    > and up?

    Yes. I'm afraid that I don't have the time needed to maintain those
    patches though.

    > And the patch from cvs;
    > ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/patches/patch-cvs-tmw.gz
    > I could not get to that link, the connection timed out.

    Hmm. It works from here. Try:

    <URL:http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/ftp/patches/patch-cvs-tmw.gz>

    It's actually a snapshot of the difference between a recent 2.4 tree
    and my CVS tree. It happens to include ppscsi.

    I will make a proper ppSCSI-for-2.4 patch when I get time.

    > There are different patches for different kernels-versions:

    In fact what you should do is take the 2.2.15pre14 one and use that
    for all kernel versions, since it has fewer bugs than the patches made
    for earlier kernel versions.

    (And anyhow, no-one should be running a 2.2 kernel < 2.2.16 because of
    the security problems fixed in 2.2.16.)