Re: [PARPORT] ppSCSI-modules and the Sane-faq

From: Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 10:02:35 EST

    On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 03:33:40PM +0100, Marcel Pol wrote:

    > I used the ppscsi modules for 2.2.9 on a 2.2.7 kernel. Do you mean
    > this one can be used on that kernelversion too?

    When I made a new ppscsi patch with new bug fixes, I would make it
    against the latest kernel release. So patches against newer kernel
    releases are better than ones against older kernel releases, and if
    they can be made to work should be used instead of the older ones.

    The ppscsi stuff in particular hardly touches any of the rest of the
    kernel, and so it should apply to just about any kernel.