Re: [PARPORT] 4 paraports under linux?

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 18:43:21 EST

    On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 05:17:44PM -0500, Jwbat@aol.com wrote:

    > i have seen (ok, well, heard of) multi parallel port cards for a pc. i need
    > to run 4 different printers. Can i just buy a "4 port" LPR card and run it
    > under linux? (do they exist?).

    They exist; they aren't supported just yet but I'm hoping to add
    support for some next week.

    You could always buy two dual-port PCI cards. Take a look at
    parport_pc.c to find out which ones are supported, or else just go to
    the store and get some and hope. ;-) Send me the lspci output and I'll
    see if I can't add support for them (it's usually very easy).