Re: [PARPORT] ppSCSI and Microtek X6 scanner -- almost working

From: Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 14:50:25 EST

    On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 09:13:52AM -0800, Karl Oberjohn wrote:

    > I have successfully achieved this about a year ago
    > with a 2.2.x kernel and the onscsi driver on another
    > machine,

    The onscsi driver from the ppscsi suite for 2.2.x?

    The linux-ppscsi.patch is the result of tracking the 2.4.x sources
    starting with Grant's original ppSCSI-19990712.gz patch. It's
    entirely possible that I broke it somewhere along the way,
    unfortunately. Is it possible for you to try 2.2.x patched with
    ppscsi support to double-check that it works for your current machine?

    You might want to try obvious things like fiddling with the parallel
    port mode in the BIOS settings first..

    Thanks,