Re: [PARPORT] 0.91 ppSCSI patch on 2.2.16

From: Timothy Laswell (tlaswell@erols.com)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 11:17:26 EST

    I got the same thing on proc_fs.h and hand patched the file. Copied the
    appropriate lines from the .rej file into it. I guess this could very
    easily mess up future patches. That is why we should create a tar of the
    source tree before making any irrevocable patches. I personaly burn all
    my originals (source tarballs and patches) to a CD so I can always
    recreate the whole thing. Oh yes, save the alternate config to a
    different directory each time you make some changes. I can't count the
    number of times I have had to recompile the kernel to get the right
    combination of modules in my kernel. Of course 2/3rds of the problems I
    was experiencing was because my BIOS was messed up and had my serial port
    disabled.

    Now all I have to do is make my idescsi a module so I can unload it to
    load my onscsi module.