[PARPORT] Spaces in the ASCII model name.

From: Mark Cianfaglione (markcia@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 08:53:00 EST

    Hi Folks,

    I've been writing a parport driver for a QuickCam VC camera and with the recent
    release of the 2.4.0 kernel I've noticed that the ASCII model name returned is
    incomplete. I do remember a short discussion on this listserv which this was
    discussed briefly but I didn't think any changes were decided upon.

    The problem lies in the fact that due to the latest model probe routines there
    are now 2 devices that come up with the same model while in fact they are not
    the same. I was wondering if a "kinder gentler" space strip routine could be
    implimented as opposed to the "truncate at space" algorithim that is currently
    in the kernel.

    Would this be an acceptable alternative? If I present a patch for inspection
    would there be any interest?

    Mark Cianfaglione