Re: [PARPORT] HP 5200

From: Tom Badran (tom@badran.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 19:30:52 EST

    On Wednesday 24 January 2001 10:49 pm, you wrote:
    > Ok, I'm new to the Linux World, so forgive me for everything a say that
    > doesn't make sense. I'm trying to connect my hp scanjet 5200c to mandrake
    > 7.2, I have sane, the patch ppscsi, I think I have made all the things I
    > know, and read about this, but it doesn't work, the find -scanner only
    > finds my bttv driver!!! I need help, so please if someone can give me the
    > step-by-step instructions I will be glade... One more thing, hp deskjet 710
    > is supported by CUPS that comes with mandrake, but what about other
    > dists...

    Mandrake has the ppscsi patch already compiled in to the kernel. You need to
    use the model that corresponds to the "scsi" device the scanner uses. I dont
    know which one it is for your particular scanner. Sane is also include in
    mandrake 7.2 although x-sane might not be.

    Microsoft is not the answer, its the question.
    And the answer is no.   www.badran.co.uk